Date(s) - Thursday, October 1, 2020 - Monday, November 30, 2020
Beverly J. Brown Library
Enjoy story time and a craft every Wednesday in this series.
Hosted by the Beverly J. Brown Library of Byram.
NEW DATE – October 1:
Story Time: Bella’s Fall Coat by Lynn Plourde – Bella loves the sights and sounds of fall; the crinkle-crackle of fallen leaves, the crunch of crisp, red apples, the honking and flapping of migrating geese.
Enjoy this read-aloud from Ms. Arlene on YouTube.
Craft: Make a pumpkin out of yarn!
NEW DATE – October 8:
Story Time: The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone
Enjoy this read-along from MarkSungNow on YouTube.
Craft: Handprint Spiders
- paper plates (we chose orange)
- black paint
- stick-on googly eyes or white paint
- hole punch
- white twine (you’ll want about 36 inches or so for each plate)
- Paint the palm of the child’s hand & 4 fingers (don’t paint the thumb) with black paint! Press down on dry painted plate, being careful to not move the fingers too much. Then, repeat process with other hand. When pressing the 2nd hand down, overlap on the other palm print. That is what forms the spider’s body. Let dry.
- Attach googly eyes or paint on eyes with white & black paint.
- Punch 16 holes around the inside edge of the plate.
- Secure the twine with a large knot on the back side of the plate (you may want to add a little glue to help make sure it doesn’t come through the hole). Then, let the child create a web with the twine, using the plate as a lacing card. (Little ones may need some help with this).
- End the twine in back & secure it by tying it off or gluing it down.
Hang up and enjoy!
Story Time: Bad Kitty, Scaredy-Cat by Nick Bruel – Bad Kitty is frightened by the creatures of Halloween, but when she sees all the holiday treats she decides to be a very bad kitty and chases the scary creatures away.
Craft: Make a pumpkin out of pipe cleaners.