Need to pay a library fine or fee? Click below to access out online payment system.
Free Library Services
Read more about our library services below.
Free eBooks from hoopla - No Holds!
- More than 319,000 e-books with simultaneous access (no holds) are available.
- Only e-book services are part of this particular program (no streaming video, etc.).
- Audiobooks are available through our RBDigital link at http://jacksonhindsms.rbdigital.com/.
- Users must have a JHLS library card and PIN to borrow ebooks.
- You must visit a JHLS branch to register and renew your card once per year.
- JHLS cardholders can check out three e-books per month.
- 21-day checkout with automatic return – no late fees.
- View in a web browser on a laptop or desktop computer (no downloads)
- Download to your mobile device with the hoopla app for iOS, Android and Kindle.
- The limited-trial service is through the Mississippi Library Commission.
- Statewide subscription for Mississippi public libraries will end in June 2020.
- Continuation of this service is dependent on public interest and local available funding.
Free Audiobooks and eBooks from Overdrive
If you have problems downloading titles, you can access the extensive Overdrive help section at bit.ly/JHLSODhelp.
Need a library card? Library cards are free to all persons who live or own property in Hinds County. Non-resident cards are available for $25.00 a year for a single person or $50.00 a year for families.
Free Digital Magazines and Audiobooks from RBdigital
Free Digital Magazines from RBdigital
- Access digital magazines through the library!
- Keep magazines as long as you want
- Instantly stream magazines on your PC or Mac
- Download magazines to your mobile device for offline reading
- Mobile apps available for iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire, Android and Windows 8
In addition to free digital magazines from RBdigital, free audiobooks are now also available with your JHLS library card and PIN.
Click the search icon at the top right of the page. Type in your terms to search by Keyword, Title, Author, and Narrator, and click the search button or use the Advanced Search fields to perform a detailed search.
Also, browse by genre by clicking the Explore icon. Click the filter icon to narrow search results.
Pay Your Library Fines or Fees Online
Print, Copy & Fax
Copying: You can use one of our commercial copiers for 20 cents per black and white page or 50 cents per color page. The copier menu has options for two-sided printing, stapling, making copies of an ID card and more. You can pay at the coin receptacle located next to the copier, which accepts $1.00 and $5.00 bills, and gives change.
Faxes: Ask a library staff member to fax a document for you, and the cover sheet you will receive for the fax is not included in the total cost. Faxes are $1.00 per page. You will receive confirmation from the library staff member that the fax was sent successfully.
Feel free to ask a library staff member for assistance with any of these services.