Need to pay a library fine or fee? Click below to access out online payment system.
Free Library Services
Read more about our library services below.
Pay Your Library Fines or Fees Online
Free E-books and Audiobooks from OverDrive and hoopla
To start downloading e-books and audiobooks, you must have a current, unexpired library card and a four-digit PIN in your patron record. Need help renewing your card or choosing a PIN? Please stop by your local library branch.
Digital content is also available in Libby—the free, award-winning reading app from OverDrive. Download the Libby app from the App Store or Google Play, or access it from your web browser at libbyapp.com.
If you have problems downloading titles, you can access the extensive Overdrive help section at bit.ly/JHLSODhelp.
Need a library card? Library cards are free to all persons who live or own property in Hinds County. Non-resident cards are available for $25.00 a year for a single person or $50.00 a year for families.
- More than 319,000 e-books with simultaneous access (no holds) are available.
- More than 82,000 audiobooks (also known as e-audios) are also available with no holds.
- Users must have a JHLS library card and PIN to borrow e-books and audiobooks.
- You must visit a JHLS branch to register and renew your card once per year.
- JHLS cardholders can have three checkouts per month (for example, one e-book and two audiobooks).
- 21-day checkout with automatic return – no late fees.
- View in a web browser on a laptop or desktop computer (no downloads).
- Download to your mobile device with the hoopla app for iOS, Android and Kindle.
- The service is funded by the Mississippi Library Commission.
Print, Copy & Fax
Copying: You can use one of our commercial copiers for 20 cents per black and white page or 50 cents per color page. The copier menu has options for two-sided printing, stapling, making copies of an ID card and more. You can pay at the coin receptacle located next to the copier, which accepts $1.00 and $5.00 bills, and gives change.
Faxes: Ask a library staff member to fax a document for you, and the cover sheet you will receive for the fax is not included in the total cost. Faxes are $1.00 per page. You will receive confirmation from the library staff member that the fax was sent successfully.
Feel free to ask a library staff member for assistance with any of these services.