Click below for an explanation of each service.
Free E-books from OverDrive
To start downloading e-books, you must have a current, unexpired library card and a four-digit PIN in your patron record. Need help renewing your card or choosing a PIN? Please stop by your local library branch.
If you have problems downloading titles, you can access the extensive Overdrive help section at bit.ly/JHLSODhelp.
Need a library card? Library cards are free to all persons who live or own property in Hinds County. Non-resident cards are available for $25.00 a year for a single person or $50.00 a year for families.
Free E-books from hoopla - No Holds!
- More than 319,000 e-books with simultaneous access (no holds) are available.
- Only e-book services are part of this particular program (no streaming video, etc.).
- Audiobooks are available through our RBDigital link at http://jacksonhindsms.rbdigital.com/.
- Users must have a JHLS library card and PIN to borrow ebooks.
- You must visit a JHLS branch to register and renew your card once per year.
- JHLS cardholders can check out three e-books per month.
- 21-day checkout with automatic return – no late fees.
- View in a web browser on a laptop or desktop computer (no downloads)
- Download to your mobile device with the hoopla app for iOS, Android and Kindle.
- The service is funded by the Mississippi Library Commission.
Free E-books from TumbleBooks - No Library Card Needed!
Options available for grades K-6, grades 7-12 and all ages.
Here are links to other pages where you can access free e-books:
Our Pinterest Board
Digitalbook.io – More than 100,000 options
ManyBooks – 50,000 e-books
Project Gutenberg – 60,000 e-books